Ways to take your vacation farther!
Tips the whole family can enjoy.
As summer quickly approaches, many travelers are making summer vacation plans.
Getting away doesn’t have to be an expensive adventure. There are many ways that
budget conscious travelers can save on their summer vacation this year.
Here at Gilroy’s Best Western PLUS Forest Park Inn we know that our guests always
look for the most value for their travel dollars.
Here are five ways that you can save on travel this summer:
1. Choose hotels that offer a free breakfast with your room. For a family of four, this will save you up to $70 a day for a full breakfast. If you find hotels that offer a full breakfast (not just continental) this will also allow more choices for your family.
2. Rent an economy car. While it is nice to have extra room when traveling, full-size automobiles can cost much more in gas. For every 100 miles you travel, you could save as much as 25 cents for each mile you drive. Every 100 miles can save you as much as $25.00 in gas.
3. Eat local. Many restaurants right off the highways or near airports capitalize on location convenience for travelers. When you check into your hotel, ask your desk clerk where the locals like to eat. Chances are they may even have coupons to promote smaller local restaurants in town.
4. Entertainment can add up. When you check into your hotel, ask at the front desk if they offer any discounts on local entertainment. For instance here at the Gilroy Best Western PLUS Forest Park Inn we may offer discount passes to Gilroy Gardens or the Gilroy Garlic Festival. You can also check local travel guides often available in your hotel lobby.
5. Book direct. When you book your hotel room you may be able to book package deals that allow for free food, discounts on entertainment, or other amenities. Call your hotel direct for the best deals.
Written by Laura Wrede, Gilroy freelance writer and photographer